The aim of R&D Cell is to develop and foster manpower training and capacity building in areas where weaknesses exist. It delivers fruits of research to the society as quickly as possible. R&D Cell has internal controls that include policies, procedures, training, and peer review.
1. To motivate students and faculty members towards research and innovation
2. To promote research culture in various departments of the institute
3. To create centers of Excellence in the area of research and Innovation in all the departments
4. Collaboration with industries for mutual benefits
5. Identify R&D projects by collaborating with other universities, public and private sector companies
6. To work closely with industries to develop products and to improve process/systems or services that will help industry
7. To encourage and support student and faculty members to publish research papers in journals of index
8. To ensure functioning of R&D cell at the institute through effective monitoring process
9. To promote students and faculty members for filing patents and commercialize the product
10. The provision of research and development opportunities for academic staff to maintain enthusiasm, awareness of current scholarship and relevance in teaching and other Institutional activities.
11. The development of infrastructure conducive to promoting the quality and quantity of research and development.
12. Monitor the application of Research Funds to ensure that the funds are properly and formally accounted for.
13. To monitor and enhance the quality of research programs, projects and the research infrastructure within Institute, including the training of research scholars.
14. Monitor the research and development performance of individuals, groups, Centers, Schools and Faculties to encourage excellence and productivity through maintaining a database of research and development activities.