The educational objectives for Mechanical Engineering Department are to produce competent engineers who are ready to contribute effectively to the advancement of mechanical engineering causes and to accommodate the needs of the community. These objectives are as follows:
- To give students a broad exposure to all areas of Mechanical Engineering and mold them to be technically competitive and place them ahead in the race for quality employment.
- To enable the students to acquire practical experience in Mechanical Engineering discipline through design projects and opportunities to work with faculty in research.
- To train the students and enable them to meet the technological challenges and diverse needs of industry and society in various areas of Mechanical Engineering and equip them to excel in a global industry.
- To provide students with the fundamental technical knowledge and skills in mathematics, science and engineering to recognize and solve problems in the areas of design, thermal and manufacturing.
- To provide students with the necessary skills and practical experience to fulfill their professional duties and responsibilities in teamwork, ethics, technical leadership, business acumen and lifelong learning.
- To make the students be in a position to practice professionally in various positions in industry or government and succeed in graduate or other professional schools.
- To mould the students to become future engineers, scientists, researchers, and innovators and make substantial contributions to the society of mechanical engineers.
- To prepare the students to be successful engineers or managers meeting the global industrial requirements.
- To make the students put constant efforts to improve the living quality of all walks of life by solving wide range of problems.